A Business Improvement District (BID) for Culture Mile is being proposed, and eligible businesses will be invited to ballot on the proposals in the new year. Ahead of that, businesses are currently being asked about local priorities and what a future BID could focus on and invest in.
The results of the ‘Perception Analysis’ survey, which needs to close in early June, will help to shape the BID proposal - the blueprint that businesses will have an opportunity to vote on in early 2023.
There are more than 300 BIDs across the UK, over 70 in London, and currently four in the City of London, as more areas recognise that BIDs can turn collective will into collective action.
A future Culture Mile BID will:
- Contribute to the Square Mile’s recovery from the pandemic through creating a place to which the talented workers on which business depend are attracted and retained
- Create a cultural destination for workers, visitors and residents by showcasing outstanding creative experiences and which reflect and amplify the area’s remarkable heritage
- Build a connected and inclusive sense of community and opportunity among businesses in this part of the City
If you would like to take part in the survey please find it here.
Everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw, with a change to win an amazing package of prizes showcasing some of Culture Mile’s highlights. Up for grabs are 4 tickets to the Barbican’s show Our Time on Earth and some Grime and Harry Kane goodies from the Museum of London. A £150 gift voucher from the Osteria restaurant at the Barbican completes the package.
Ruth Duston OBE, OC, MD of Primera Corporation, the regeneration consultancy leading the BID proposal process, said:
“We want the Culture Mile’s BID proposal to reflect local priorities, so we want to hear from as many businesses as possible during this ‘Perception Analysis’ process. A BID for the Culture Mile will place businesses in the driving seat, enabling them to shape the City of the future, respond to local challenges and opportunities and deliver benefits for all. With the ongoing COVID recovery and the significant opportunities around the City’s new Destination City proposition, there has never been a better time for businesses to seize this significant opportunity.”
Perception Analysis Prize Draw T&Cs
• Participants must be over 18 years of age
• There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
• By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason
• Participants can only enter the prize draw by completing the Culture Mile’s Perception Analysis survey
• The Promoter (The Culture Mile Partnership) reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter
• Prizes will be allocated on a random selection basis. Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice
• Prize winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and/ or its agents
• Winners will be notified by email. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim their prizes within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winners and pick replacement winners
• The Promoter will notify the winners to arrange redemption
• The Promoter’s decision will be final in respect of all matters to do with the competition and no correspondence will be entered into
• The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England
• The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent